Introduction Post

 Hi everyone! 

    My name is Honor Fraley. I am a junior at UAF. I came to UAF to study Business Administration, but I recently added Accounting as my second major. I live on campus in Fairbanks, but I'm originally from Delta Junction, Alaska. I have three younger sisters and a pet snake. After graduating, I would like to work for a non-profit or outreach organization. This summer, I had an internship opportunity where I worked alongside many of these organizations in Dayton, Ohio. I loved learning about how these organizations help people in their community, and I would love to one day have a job where I can help people in the same way. In my free time, I like to sip tea, read fantasy novels, and play board games with my friends and family. When the weather is warm, I like to go hiking around Alaska. 

    This art piece is called Knight at the Crossroads. It is an oil painting by the Russian painter Victor Vasnetsov. Like many of this artist's paintings, it is based on a story from Russian folklore. I learned about this ominous-looking painting from my parents. The colors and shapes used in this piece are eye-catching and the story it tells is somber and emotional.

    I don't often create art. I'm not a fantastic artist or musician, but I have great appreciation for the creative works of others. Growing up, my mom would take me to art museums all the time. We would spend hours looking at art from all over the world and talking about what we thought it meant and how it made us feel. I still love analyzing art. I find it fascinating how seemingly simple images can have such deep and intricate meanings. This summer, I got to visit the Dayton Art Institute in Ohio. I enjoyed wandering through the galleries and stopping to read about the pieces that caught my eye. It was such a fun experience that reminded me of visiting art museums with my mom as a child. 

Comments

  1. I love the fantasy/folklore art by Victor Vasnetsov. It doesn't strike me as being very "Russian", but he did very little study outside of Russia.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Renaissance Post

Classical Blog